Thursday 3 March 2016

Project Life Show & Tell

This year in Project Life I am aiming for a minimum of one 12x12 Design A layout per week (and I run from Sunday to Saturday, mostly because I do my layouts on a Sunday). 
I print my photos at home on an Epson Workmate printer on Canon Photopaper and use the Collect app on my phone.
When I scrap, I like to have a 'kit' (I subscribe to a few which makes this easier) that is my main go-to and then I draw from other elements I have lying around.


For my title card I used one of the gold-foil Project Life cards included in the kit, as well as one of the black and gold foil pockets and an off-cut from another of the cards (I don't like to waste my scraps if I can help it!). The black label, fresh start word piece and 'keep it simple' stamp are from Citrus Twist. The 'snap a picture' sticker is from the Pink Paislee stickers included in the stationary box! The gold glitter thicker is from the Maggie Holmes Shine collection.


A close up of my title card. I'm learning how to do my clusters. Slowly, but surely!


This week I tried to keep my embellishments pretty simple and repetitive through the layout. You'll see lots of black stamping (I use Versafine Onyx Black ink), cut up pieces of Project Life cards, the Pink Paislee stickers and no journaling.
I also set myself a goal for each week - at least one photo of myself, because this is my album, after all (and I was terrible at documenting 'me' last year!).


My life is a funny mix of my crafting adventures and my daily life as a Foundation/Kindergarten teacher. This week was my last full-week of Summer break, so there are a lot of classroom set-up photos with lots of really bright colours. I think the black/gold/white colour scheme helps off-set the colours a little bit so they're not too over-powering!


I cut down one of the 4x6 cards to use in a 3x4 pockets. You'll see the off-cuts of this card throughout my embellishments. Because it's quite a statement card, no embellishments were necessary.


I'm trying to use stamps a lot more this year, and one alternative to stamping directly onto whatever card you're working on is to stamp on another piece of paper and cut or punch it out. The 'epic' stamp was the perfect size to punch out of my 5/8" circle punch, and I fussy cut the word stamps 'explore' and 'this is your day.'


You can see I wasn't wasting my pocket scraps, either! The pop of black helps everything stand out.


Because the Design A pockets have four 4x6 pockets, and I predominately print 3x4 photos, I simply back two photos to excess 4x6 cards or cardstock to keep them steady in the pockets.
The gold heart in the corner was the last heart on the last scrap of the black pocket which I punched out using my heart paper punch!

I hope this inspires you to use your Brimbles Boxes to create your own Project Life/scrapbooking layouts! You don't need a lot of supplies to come up with something really lovely!
For more ideas and inspiration, you can check out my blog, Instagram and YouTube channels.

Until next time, happy crafting!
Stef xx

1 comment: